Would you like to offer other bloggers the opportunity to promote yóur blog?! Then get yourself a blog button!
Don’t know how? Then keep on reading.
What’s a blog button when it’s at home?
For those of you who are wondering: ‘What’s a blog button?’ a blog button is an image that links to your blog.
Here’s an example of a blog button:
So, now that everyone is up to speed about blog buttons, let’s go and make one.
How to create a blog button the easy way
Go to the Grab My Button Code Generator. And fill in the fields:
- Your blog title
- Your blog url
- The url of the image you want to use for you blog button
Once you’re done, Grab My Button will create your code for you. And that will look something like this:
As you can see your blog visitors can easily copy and paste the code.
How to create the imáge for your blog button?!
Now you may think: ‘That’s all very well, but how in heaven’s name am I going to create the image?!’ Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered!
Just take my hand, and I’ll show you.
First things first: the recommended size for a blog utton is 125×125 or 150×150.
- So knowing this we’re gonna go and head on over to Picmonkey.
- Are you at Picmonkey? Move your mouse to the button that says Design
- Once you’re there a series of options will appear
- Choose Custom
- Fill in the sizes. We’re going with 150×150
- Then you’ll get this:
- Now click on the butterfly on the left
- Upload the image you want to use or just click on Tt to put in some text
- Once you’re ready click on Save.
- Now you have to host the picture somewhere. I usually just host it in Blogger or Photobucket. If you have a WordPress blog you can upload the image to your image library.
If you have any questions just ask them in the comments!
Make sure you don’t miss any posts on Momfever!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner