There was a time when I turned my nose up for anything second hand. At the time, I felt second hand was kind of ‘dirty’. But those years are far behind me. Nowadays I prefer second hand stuff. And here’s why!
Why I prefer second hand clothes and things
- Buying second hand clothes and things is much better for the environment.
- Another reason is more personal: I’m not a fashionable person. In fact the kind of clothes I like aren’t in the shops. I like flowy, jersey skirts with ditsy flowers on them. They’re not in fashion. However, I can find them second hand.
- It’s cheaper! I really like Laura Ashley clothes, but they can be quite expensive. However when I buy them second hand on eBay, suddenly they’re cheap. Take the 4 camisoles you see in he picture for example. I got those for 29 USD, so they’re about 7 USD per piece which is a really good price for Laura Ashley clothing.
- I’m less spoilt for choice. Sometimes when I’m in a shop I feel overwhelmed. There’s just so much…. stuff! I hardly know where to start. The great thing about second hand stuff is that there’s less of it. Having less options can really be a good thing! At least I think so.
- Sometimes older products are of a better quality than new stuff. Especially the stuff that was made a long time ago. Back then they wanted things to last for a long time, whereas nowadays I’m told products are made to deteriorate so people will come back to buy more.
My second hand Laura Ashley clothes
About my 4 Laura Ashley camisoles
Make sure you don’t miss any posts on Momfever!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner