What started out as a piece of fan fiction, went viral, and became a big internet hit leaving women all hot and bothered. Though described as ‘erotic fiction’ the term pornographic would do it more justice. And women are loving it!
I’ve read the first two books, and am now on the third and final part of this threesome of books. Here are some of my thoughts.
- Is Durex sponsoring this book? I don’t know how many times I heard the telltale sound of foil ripping. If I were Durex I would get on the phone with E.L. James pronto!
- Christian Grey’s sexual prowess can’t be good for the self esteem of our men! I mean the man can get it up four times in a row easily!
- If I see that annoying ‘Inner Goddess’ of Ana doing her stupid happy dance once again I’m gonna scream.
- How many times can a person blush during a day? Ana must be quite puce looking.
- How does the writer know all that kinky sex stuff? I mean, I had never even heard of such a thing as a ‘butt plug’. And now that I do, I wish I didn’t.
- This story isn’t all that well written, and yet I keep on reading! To keep in style with the book: ‘My inner critic is lying gagged and bound behind the sofa, shooting me angry looks’.
- Christian Grey appeals to women because of the heady combination of a succesfull, attractive, yet terribly tormented man. We want to rescue him, and kiss his booboos better.
- Is this book a slap in the face of feminism?! Christian is very much the boss of Ana. He even has her on her knees, forbidding her to look at him.