Though my Godlike status of omniscience is flattering, I find it mostly tiring! Especially during Summer Vacation.
As soon as the kids get out of bed it starts with: ‘What’s for dinner today, mommy?’ Followed closely by:
- Are we there yet?
- Mommy did you see my: pants/shoes/swim suit/book/brain?
- How much further mommy??
- Can I watch tv?
- Are we going for a swim today?
- Are we going to Disneyland?Can we go out for a picknick?
- Can I have Big Mac instead of a boring sandwich?
- Can I have a Hamburger then, instead of a boring sandwich?
- Why do you always say ‘no’?
- What’s the weather like today?
- Can I wear my snowboots?
- What time is it?
- Is it dawn yet?
- Is dinner ready?
- Can I have a pet?
- Can I have a Nintendo 3D?
- Can I have an X-box?
- Can I have five friends over? You know the ones diagnosed with ADHD?
- How many weeks of Summer Vacation are left mommy?
- Mommy, don’t you think Summer Vacation goes by way to fast?
In answer to my own question: ‘Yes’.
In answer to the kids’ last question: ‘NOOOO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!’