Hi, I’m Nicole and I’m an Office Suppliesaholic.
It all started in high school, when I got all excited about whether I was going to use a binder or a note book. I couldn’t sleep just thinking about all the options!
Now that I’m a mom of five, I still love my office supplies. And recently I found myself facing a Big Decision yet again:
Should I keep my Moleskine diary or should I go for a Filofax diary?
My Moleskine diary
I really like my Moleskine diary. It’s almost A4 sized. And it’s got the days of the week on the left, and on the right there’s note paper! So it’s great to keep track of all my appointments ánd I can jot down blogging ideas etc.
But it’s almóst a size A4, and because it’s a notebook I can’t easily insert new stuff.
|My moleskine open|
My Filofax diary A4
So I did some soul searching and I searched eBay for a bargain. And I decided to take the plunge! I would try the A4 sized Filofax diary.
It arrived this weekend, and at first I was a bit taken aback because of its size! A filofax diary A4 really is quite big. And heavy.
But it’s a real size A4, and it came with two notepads which I could insert into the Filofax. That way I again have all the days of the week on one side, and room for notes on the right side.
|My new, big Filofax A4|
|Filofax A4, open. I’ve put notepaper on the left as you can see.|
Let’s compare prices
Moleskine A4 pros and cons
- You have to buy a new one every year and a half
- You can’t add any pages
- It looks nice on a shelf when the year is over and you bought a new one
- It’s a cute notebook
- It’s a lot cheaper than Filofax
- You can put it in your purse
Filofax A4 pros and cons
- It’s very heavy and big, so it’s not a diary you’re going to take with you
- The price! It’s very expensive
- Where are you going to keep your old diary, once a new year starts?
- It’s very flexible!
- It’s got a whole lot of room for whatever you want to put in there
- You buy the organizer once, and after that you only have to buy the diary pages
Moleskine or Filofax A4: the answer
So right now my answer to the question ‘Moleskine of Filofax A4?’ is: Filofax.
Update 3 years later: Can I change my answer?
I’ve changed my answer! Three years ago I wrote that the Filofax A4 was my planner of choice. But I only used it about a week after that. It turned out to be way too big and bulky.
So I’ve returned to Moleskine.
What kind of diary do you have?
Make sure you don’t miss any posts on Momfever!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner